Friday, March 12, 2010

Protecting the beautiful hills of the Palouse

support for our beautiful Prairie

While I support small farms and love to buy local produce, I am also concerned about our beautiful native prairie and am a native plant lover at heart. So I'm thinking of joining the Palouse Prairie Foundation. they seem to be one of the good guys and are concerned and knowledgeable about what the Palouse needs.  I hope to plant a lot of native plants in my gardens. Becoming more aware myself of what grows here makes me both environmentally and and hopefully, a better gardener.

After reading Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver. I am more and more convinced to protect our local land..keeping a balance between cultivation and native wild lands. People are becoming more and more aware of the need to live a simpler life, to eat locally and support local farmers and CSA's. there is the now famous slow food movement and a lot of people trying to keep alive and working, the family owned farms vs the big Agro Corp farms and that makes me happy...Know your food. Support your local farms. Love your land

Ok...maybe I'm a granola, but it works for me to take both better care of my local environment and my body.....AGGG but I still love McDonalds french fries. lol! I'm learning...Step by step to do the right thing for me.

Chat with ya'll later =)
Annika

No comments:

Post a Comment