Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Crazy farmgirl garden ideas

Hello, I'm going through bouts of insomnia lately, hence some of my odd ideas =P
On a rather tight budget this year so far, so I've been thinking that maybe I could use a truck load of straw bales to make raised beds with instead of more spendy wood...yeah, I know that they'll compost, but maybe it's worth a try.
Here in north Idaho on the Palouse, we go through a serious dry spell from Late June through to September sometimes, so I'm also thinking of mulches to keep the soil from drying out.

I've got gardening on the brain right now and I'm supposed to be spring cleaning!
I  picked up a couple of Adirondack chairs last autumn, I'm going to have to re-paint them as right now they are an eye shocking blue lol!

 So my garden and sitting area beneath the aspens is coming along in my head. I just need to get enough sleep to have some energy...losing 50 pounds wouldn't hurt either...

It's going to be a wonderful summer for projects!

I need a nap ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment