Thursday, October 21, 2010

Our favorite potato cakes

Drew's Potato cakes

  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tablespoons flour 
  • 1/4 teaspoon  black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic power
  • 1 tablespoon grated onion
  • 3 cups drained grated raw potatoes 

In a large bowl, grate potatoes and onion.
In another bowl mix eggs, flour and spices, add to potatoes and mix well
Heat skillet to medium high with plenty of oil/shortening. Make potatoes cakes about the size of an apple in diameter. Flatten with spatula and cook until golden brown. Drain on a plate covered with paper towels.  Serve with sour cream or plain yogurt if you like. We have also enjoyed them with hot pepper jelly. Anyway tater recipe #1


P.S. This is the best I can come up with from memory...I'll ask him when he gets home if this is right...I know he doesn't add the flour, but I do  =) hope I remembered it all right. Happy cookin'!

1 comment:

  1. I adore potato pancakes!! When I was a kid, when we ate out (seldom) that's always what I ordered! I think it was at an ihop. Looking good!
    Love your moon photo!

    ReplyDelete